80g plain flour
2 tbsp Real Jam and Chutney Company Plum Jam with Walnuts
40g butter, diced
40g caster sugar
40g self raising flour
1 large egg
2 drops almond essence
12 cherries halved, remove stones (local if in season)
2 medium eggs, beaten
50g caster sugar
150ml full cream milk
150ml double cream
2 tsp vanilla essence
A few chopped walnuts for decoration
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/Gas Mark 5 and lightly grease 2 x 8cm flan tins.
2. Put the flour and butter into a bowl, rub the butter into the flour until it resembles breadcrumbs.
3. Add 1 – 2 tablespoons of water and mix to form a dough. Wrap in cling film and chill for 15 minutes.
4. Roll pastry out and line the flan tins. Spread the jam over the base.
5. Put the butter, sugar, flour, egg and almond essence into a bowl. Beat together until light and creamy. Spoon the mixture on top of the jam.
6. Press the cherries into the sponge mixture and bake for 20 – 25 minutes until golden brown.
7. Beat together the eggs and sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy.
8. Heat the milk in a saucepan and pour onto the egg mixture. Return mixture to the pan, stirring continuously and cook until it thickens. Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
9. Whip the cream to soft peaks and fold into the chilled custard mixture with the vanilla essence.
10. Transfer to an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions.
We’d love to keep you updated with our latest news