1 tbsp Sussex Gold rapeseed oil
2 shallots, diced
1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped
2 large flat Portobello mushrooms
1 tbsp melted butter
75g Sussex Charmer cheese
1 tbsp pine nuts
1. Preheat oven to 200°C/Gas mark 6.
2. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the shallots and garlic until soft. Leave to cool.
3. Brush the mushrooms with melted butter.
4. Place on a baking tray and bake for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven.
5. Spoon the shallot mixture on top of the mushrooms.
6. Sprinkle the Sussex Charmer cheese on top of each mushroom.
7. Spoon the breadcrumbs and pine nuts on top of the cheese.
8. Place back in the oven and bake for 10 minutes until golden brown.
9. Remove from the oven and serve with seasonal salad leaves, pea shoots and edible flowers.
We’d love to keep you updated with our latest news