Instructions (Hazelnut Crunch):
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the hazelnuts, and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and leave to cool. Press the mixture into the base of 2 stemmed glasses. Chill.
- Pour the water into a jug, sprinkle in the gelatine. Stand the jug in a saucepan of hot water, and stir until gelatine is dissolved.
- Whisk together the egg yolk and sugar until thick and creamy.
- Press the redcurrants through a sieve; stir in their juice to the egg yolk mixture.
- Whisk the cream until thick, and fold into the egg yolk mixture along with the gelatine.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff, gently fold into the redcurrant mixture. Pour on top of the hazelnut crunch, chill until set.
Instructions (Frosted Redcurrants):
- Dip the redcurrants into the egg white, then some sugar. Put onto a plate to set.
Instructions (Caramel Shards):
- Put the sugar and water into a small saucepan .Put onto a low heat until the sugar is dissolved. Increase the heat and cook until golden brown (do not stir).
- Plunge the pan into cold water to stop the caramel cooking. Using a metal spoon lace the caramel onto greaseproof paper. Cool and harden, and use to decorate the top of the redcurrant mousse.