4 large Claytons eggs, separated
200g caster sugar
1 tsp cornflour
1 tsp lemon juice
75g white chocolate
150ml double cream
½ tsp vanilla extract
25g toasted hazelnuts,chopped
2 tbsp icing sugar
1. Preheat oven to 160C/ Gas mark 3 and line a 33cm x 23cm shallow tin with parchment paper.
2. Put the egg whites into a large bowl and whisk until stiff. Gradually add the caster sugar, whisking continuously. When the mixture is thick and glossy, mix together the cornflour and lemon juice and fold into the egg whites.
3. Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and spread out evenly.
4. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes. Remove from the oven, leave to cool for 5 minutes.
5. Cut out a rectangle piece of baking parchment, lightly dust with icing sugar and invert the meringue on to the paper. Leave to cool completely while you make the filling.
6. To finish off - peel the paper from the meringue and spread the chocolate cream filling evenly on the top. Sprinkle the raspberries and hazelnuts on top. Use the paper underneath to roll up the meringue.
7. Serve a slice of roulade sprinkled with hazelnuts and a dusting of icing sugar.
1. Break up the chocolate into a heatproof bowl and place over a saucepan of just simmering water. Stir chocolate until melted. Remove saucepan from heat and leave to cool.
2. Whisk the cream and vanilla together until thick, fold into the cooled chocolate.
We’d love to keep you updated with our latest news