100g Calbourne Water Mill, self raising flour
30g cocoa powder dissolved in 1 tbsp hot water
100g caster sugar
40g butter, soft
1 large Brownrigg Farm egg, beaten
1 large Brownrigg Farm egg white
55g caster sugar
100g plain chocolate
125ml Briddlesford Farm double cream
50g butter, diced
A few Isle of Wight cherries for decoration.
1. Pre heat oven 180C, Gas Mark 5. Line a muffin tin with cases.
2. Beat together all the ingredients in a large bowl. Spoon the mixture in to the muffin cases and bake for 15 – 20 minutes until well risen and firm to touch. Leave to cool.
1. Reduce the oven temperature to 120C, Gas Mark 3. Line a baking tray with baking parchment.
2. Beat the egg white in a large bowl until it forms a soft peak. Slowly mix in the sugar.
3. Put into a piping bag fitted with a plain nozzle. Pipe small meringues on to the tray. Bake in the oven for 20 – 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
1. Melt the chocolate in a bowl over simmering water. Remove from the heat and stir in the 75ml cream and butter. Cool.
Slice the top off each cake and fill with the ganache, replace the top. Whip the remaining cream and pipe on top of the cakes, finish off with a cherry.
We’d love to keep you updated with our latest news