1 large free range smoked chicken breast (Kyle smoked his own.)
3 tbsp Sussex Gold rapeseed oil
1 tbsp tarragon vinegar
1 tsp Worthing Honey
½ tsp Dijon mustard
Pinch of salt
1 stale thick slice of bread
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tbsp Sussex Gold rapeseed oil
25g Sussex Charmer cheese, grated
Home grown mixed salad leaves
3 spring onions
Kyle jointed a chicken and used one breast for his dish. He rubbed ¼ tsp Chinese 5 Spice into the breast, griddled it on both sides until cooked. Using 2 tsp of oak chippings in his home smoker he arranged the chicken on the smoking rack and smoked for 5 minutes before turning it off to cool.
1) Mix together oil and vinegar in a bowl. Add the honey, mustard and salt.
2) Transfer to a screw top jar and give a good shake to mix up.
1) Preheat oven 180C, Gas mark 6.
2) Cut the bread into small squares, mix together with the garlic and oil.
3) Put on to a baking tray and bake for 4 – 5 minutes until golden brown.
4) Remove from the oven and leave to cool. Mix croutons with the cheese.
1) Wash the salad leaves.
2) Make the radish roses and spring onion brushes for decoration.
Assemble: arrange the salad leaves on a plate, thinly slice the chicken and arrange on top with the radishes, spring onions and a sprinkle of croutons. Pour over the salad dressing.
We’d love to keep you updated with our latest news