1 small clove Garlic Farm garlic
3 handfuls of fresh home grown basil
25g pine nuts
5 tsp Oil of Wight rapeseed oil
30g parmesan cheese, grated
2 Brownrigg Farm chicken breasts
50g Isle of Wight goat’s cheese, diced
Oil of Wight rapeseed oil
¼ red pepper, diced
Small handful of Tomato Stall tomatoes, diced
2 spring onions, diced
Bunch home grown basil leaves, chopped
½ lime, zest and juice
Oil of Wight oil
1) Put all ingredients for the pesto, except the parmesan cheese, into a small blender and blend for 10 – 20 seconds. Stir in the parmesan cheese and leave on one side.
1) Butterfly the chicken breasts, place between two sheets of cling film. Using a rolling pin roll until even thickness 8 – 10 mm.
2) Remove the top sheet of film and spread the pesto and goat’s cheese on top of the chicken.
3) Roll up the breasts tightly to form a roll. Poach for 20 minutes in simmering water.
4) Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a frying pan and gently fry the chicken roll until golden brown. Remove and leave on one side.
1) Mix together all the Salsa ingredients add a dash of oil and season.
Serve the chicken with the salsa and local vegetables - asparagus, new potatoes and riddled courgettes.
We’d love to keep you updated with our latest news