1tbsp Sussex Gold rapeseed oil
1 onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, diced
2 home grown carrots, diced
2 sticks celery, diced
2 home grown leeks, diced
6 small new potatoes, scrubbed and diced
Home grown parsley, basil and bay leaf
4 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 tbsp tomato puree
100ml white wine
50ml fish stock
8 whole mussels
1 tsp English mustard
6 raw prawns
Sussex Gilthead Bream, filleted and cut into pieces
1 garlic clove
Pinch of sea salt
180ml Sussex Gold rapeseed oil
1) Heat 1tbsp oil in a large saucepan, sauté the onion, garlic, carrot, celery, leeks and potatoes until soft. Stir in the herbs with the tomatoes and tomato puree.
2) Pour in the white wine and stock. Simmer for 20 minutes.
3) Clean the mussels and remove the beards.
4) Stir the mustard into the vegetables, add the prawns, mussels and bream. Cook for 3-5 minutes making sure the mussels have opened.
5) Pour stew into a bowl.
1) Put the milk, garlic clove and salt into a blender. Switch on and slowly pour in the oil to form a thick emulsion. Put in the refrigerator to chill.
Serve the fish stew with aioli, lemon wedges and chunks of homemade rustic bread.
We’d love to keep you updated with our latest news