500g homegrown or local strawberries
300ml extra thick double cream from Briddlesford Farm
25g icing sugar
1tbsp cocoa powder
2tbsp hot water
125g caster sugar
2 large eggs from own chickens
125g Calbourne Mill self raising flour
1 level tsp baking powder
100ml whipped cream
Fresh home grown or local strawberries
1. Line a glass bowl or plastic tub with cling film. Blend half the strawberries and cream together. Sweeten the mixture with some icing sugar.
2. Pour the mixture into the glass bowl or plastic tub and cover the top with extra cling film. Freeze until solid.
3. Puree the remaining strawberries with some icing sugar to make a coulis.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180C Gas mark 5.
2. Grease and base line two 18cm sandwich tins.
3. Blend the cocoa with the hot water and leave it to cool.
4. Beat together the remaining cake ingredients in a bowl for 1 – 2 minutes. Beat in the cocoa mixture. Pour into the cake tins.
5. Bake in a pre heated oven for 20 - 25 minutes until well risen and the top of the cakes spring back when lightly pressed with a finger.
6. Leave the cake to cool in the tin for 5 minutes. Turn out onto a cooling rack.
7. Using a metal cutter cut the cold cake into 4 circles. Spread the whipped cream on to 2 of the circles. Cut a hole in the centre of the other circles and place on top of the cream.
8. Fill the centre with some fresh strawberries and dust with icing sugar.
9. Serve with a scoop of the strawberry ice cream and drizzle with strawberry coulis.
We’d love to keep you updated with our latest news