2 chicken breasts (Newlyns Farm)
125g Laverstoke Park Farm Buffalo Mozzarella
Handful of fresh basil leaves
200g fresh breadcrumbs
30g Lyburn Old Winchester cheese, grated
1 tsp mixed herbs
50g plain flour
1 medium egg beaten
Salt and pepper
4 - 6 small - medium local new potatoes
50g butter melted
125ml malt vinegar
2tbsp caster sugar
Local cherry tomatoes on the vine
1. Preheat oven 200C Gas mark 6.
2. Flatten chicken between cling film using a rolling pin.
3. Fill chicken with slices of mozzarella and fresh basil leaves leaving some for the garnish.
4. Roll up tightly and cover with cling film (twist ends to secure) Chill for 10 - 15 minutes.
5. In a bowl mix together the breadcrumbs, grated Lyburn cheese, mixed herbs and seasoning.
6. Put the flour on to a plate and the beaten egg into a separate bowl. Take off the cling film and coat the rolled chicken breasts in the flour, then the egg and then breadcrumbs, making sure the chicken is well covered. Transfer onto a baking tray and cook for 25 -30 mins or until the juices run clear.
1. Make a small slice ¾ way through each potato, along the length of it. Place on an oven tray, brush with the butter and a drizzle of olive oil. Roast in the oven 35 - 40 minutes until cooked through.
1. Heat the vinegar and sugar in a saucepan, simmer until reduced and thickened slightly. Remove the pan from the heat and gently stir in the tomatoes to coat. Serve tomatoes whole or crush to make a piquant sauce.
Slice the chicken, serve with tomato sauce, the roasted potatoes and seasonal vegetables.
We’d love to keep you updated with our latest news