50ml/3 tbsp full fat milk
200ml double cream
1 vanilla pod split and seeds removed
3 medium Clayton egg yolks
3 tbsp caster sugar
125g plain flour
25g caster sugar
1 tbsp beaten egg yolk
2 tbsp pistachios nuts, chopped
Raspberry coulis to serve
1. Preheat oven 160C Gas Mark 3
2. Pour the milk and cream into a saucepan on a low heat. Add the vanilla pod and seeds and when the cream is simmering remove from the heat.
3. Beat the egg yolks and 2 tbsp sugar until pale. Stir in the warm cream, strain into a jug and pour into small ramekin dishes. Place into a roasting dish.
4. Pour some hot water into the roasting dish so that it is half way up the side of the ramekins. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes until just set. Remove from the oven and chill in a refrigerator.
5. To finish brûlée: Sprinkle the remaining sugar on top of the brulee. Place under a preheated hot grill to caramelise the sugar. Remove and leave to set.
1. Preheat the oven 170C Gas Mark 4.
2. Rub the butter into the flour, add the sugar and enough beaten egg yolk to form a dough. Work in the pistachios. Roll out the dough into a log shape and rest for 20 minutes.
3. Line a baking tray with baking parchment. Cut the dough into circles, place on the baking tray and bake for 15 - 20 minutes until golden brown. Leave to cool. Dust with icing sugar.
Serve the brûlée with raspberry coulis and pistachio shortbread.
We’d love to keep you updated with our latest news