4 sticks local rhubarb, sliced thinly
30g caster sugar
1 leaf of gelatine
40g caster sugar
75ml double cream
1 vanilla pod, seeds only
1 medium Claytons egg, separated
50g caster sugar
1 tsp cornflour
50ml whipped cream
Few bits of stem ginger
1 vanilla pod
2 medium Claytons eggs, separated
1 tbsp caster sugar
1 tsp cornflour
100g plain flour
1 medium Claytons egg yolk
1. Preheat oven to150C Gas mark 5.
2. Put half the rhubarb into a saucepan with 15g sugar, cook until just tender. Leave to cool.
3. Put the remaining rhubarb onto a baking tray sprinkle with 15g sugar and roast in the oven for 10 - 12 minutes.
1. Put the gelatine leaf in a bowl and cover with a little cold water. Leave to soften.
2. Put sugar, cream and vanilla seeds in a pan and stir on a low heat until sugar dissolved. Stir in milk and the softened gelatine. Pour into mini ramekin dishes.
3. Put into a refrigerator and leave to set.
1. Pre heat oven 120C Gas Mark 1
2. Whisk the egg white until light and fluffy. Gradually whisk in the sugar and then the cornflour.
3. Pipe mini meringue nests onto a lined baking tray. Bake for 20 mins then turn off the heat and leave to cool in the oven. Serve with poached rhubarb, whipped cream and chopped stem ginger.
1. Put milk and vanilla pod into a saucepan, bring up to a simmer on a low heat.
2. Put the egg yolks into a bowl and mix with sugar and corn flour. Pour over the hot milk, stir constantly.
3. Pour mixture back into the saucepan and bring to the boil whisking the mixture constantly until thickened. Remove from heat, cover with greaseproof paper. Leave to cool.
1. Pre heat oven 190C Gas Mark 6
2. Rub butter into flour. Add egg yolk plus a little water to make a dough. Wrap in cling film and chill for 15 minutes.
3. Roll out the pastry and line 2 small tart tins. Put a small piece of foil into each pastry case. Bake for 15 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and leave to cool.
4. Fill with vanilla custard and top with roasted rhubarb.
We’d love to keep you updated with our latest news