150g semi dried or fresh cherries or 450g canned cherries drained
225ml red wine
1 garlic clove, peeled & chopped
½ shallot, peeled & diced
125 ml chicken stock
1 Newlyns Farm lamb rack - 6 cutlets
1 tsp English mustard
30g Lyburn Winchester Mature Cheese
Herbs - small bunch of parsley, thyme, coriander, rosemary
½ tbsp Pratts Rapeseed oil
1. Put cherries, wine, garlic and shallot into a saucepan. Cook for 10-15 minutes on a high heat, mixture should reduce until almost dry.
2. Reduce the heat, add the stock and cook for 15 - 20 minutes until the sauce is thick. Whisk in the butter, season and keep warm.
1. Pre heat oven 200C Gas mark 6.
2. Using a sharp knife remove the skin from the lamb racks and score the fat. Brush with the mustard.
3. Put breadcrumbs into a bowl. Add the cheese, herbs and a ½ spoon of oil. Pulse for 1 minute until blended, add more oil if dry.
4. Coat the lamb completely with the herb and cheese mix.
5. Place on a baking sheet and cook for 12 - 15 mins. Remove from the oven cover with foil and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
6. Serve lamb with warm cherry jus and seasonal vegetables. Dan served a courgette and potato rosti cake and Hampshire asparagus with his lamb.
We’d love to keep you updated with our latest news