Melted butter for ramekins
2 tbsp caster sugar for coating ramekins
200g fresh locally picked strawberries, plus a few for decoration
2 large Brownrigg Farm eggs, separated
4 tbsp caster sugar
1 tbsp cornflour
1. Pre heat oven to 200C Gas mark 6 and brush 2 ramekins with the melted butter and coat with caster sugar.
2. Hull the strawberries, slice into a bowl and mash with a fork. Press through a sieve to make a puree. Cover and chill.
3. Whisk the egg yolks with 2 tbsp sugar, stir in the cornflour.
4. Heat the milk in a sauce pan, pour on to the egg mixture. Pour back into the saucepan and cook until mixture thickens. Stir in 3 tbsp of strawberry puree, leave to cool.
5. In a large bowl whisk the egg whites to soft peaks. Whisk in 2 tbsp sugar beating until stiff. Fold in 1/3 of the cooled strawberry mixture, into the egg whites. Gradually fold in the remaining mixture evenly.
6. Fill the ramekin dishes.
7. Bake for 15 - 18 minutes until golden brown and serve immediately dusting top of soufflés with icing sugar. Use remaining strawberry puree and sliced strawberries to decorate the plate.
We’d love to keep you updated with our latest news