200g ‘00’ pasta flour
2 large eggs, beaten
200g baby leaf spinach, chopped
200g Bangers Galore sausages
2 tsp Sussex Gold rapeseed oil
1 small onion, diced
1 small carrot, diced
125ml red wine
150ml vegetable stock
1 heaped tbsp tomato puree
300ml Goodwood Farm milk
50g Charlton cheese, grated
1. Preheat oven 190C Gas mark 6.
2. Put flour and eggs into a food processor and pulse to form small clumps. Remove from the bowl and using your hands press lightly together.
3. Wrap in cling film and leave to rest for 20 minutes.
4. Knead the pasta dough for about 5 minutes. Using a pasta machine follow instructions to make the tagliatelle. Leave to air dry.
5. Just before serving, bring a saucepan of water to the boil add the tagliatelle pasta and cook for 3 minutes.
6. Drain and stir through the spinach.
1. Skin and cut up the sausages.
2. Heat 2 tsp oil in a medium saucepan, sauté the onion until softened.
3. Add the sausages, cook until light brown.
4. Stir in the carrot, wine, stock and tomato puree. Season, and leave to simmer uncovered on a low heat for 15 - 20 minutes until sauce has thickened. Keep warm.
1. Melt the butter, stir in the flour to make a roux. Add the milk gradually and bring to the boil stirring continuously. Remove from the heat.
2. Pour the sausage ragu mixture into a heatproof dish. Pour over the white sauce and sprinkle with grated cheese. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes.
3. To serve - spoon cooked tagliatelle on to a plate and top with sausage bake.
We’d love to keep you updated with our latest news